Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wireless setup

So i've got this Linksys WAP54G in my home, and try to set it up. I'm having trouble with the automatic setup, so reading this helps a lot.

Now i can ping and connect to my access point, I'm facing another problem. I didn't have any dhcp server. That's why my ubuntu laptop keep turning off the wifi connection. Setting the auto wireless to have a static ip address fix the problem.

Last but not least, i try connecting through my htc hero. Found the same problem , this article help me set the static ip address.

The funny thing i setup all this, because I'm having a problem adding a third gmail account on my htc hero.It keep saying it need reliable network.  Trying to clear the application data didn't work. So as a worked around i delete my second gmail account, and login to youtube using my third gmail account. And it worked.

Well at least after all this now i have a Wifi Access point in my home now :)

No comments: