Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Stupid SVN Mistake :(

Okay, i've just wasted 4 hour of my time because some stupid mistake that i made.

Today, suddenly my local SVN server just stop working. I keep getting some error message :


Server sent unexpected return value (500 Internal Server Error) in response to OPTIONS request for ...

It worked fine yesterday ?

Trying to retrace changes that I've done in the past few days, I've remembered that i made some update to the subclipse client. This throw me into some wild goose chase. Long story short, after changing some settings, change svn client etc, finally i found the core of my problem looking at the httpd.conf file for my svn server.

I have this kind of Computer-OCD. When ever i see a file that i didn't know i tend to erase it. Later this day i found a passwd file in my C:\ drive. Thinking that no body use it, immediately i hit the Delete button. Lesson learned, that this file actually my password file for accessing my local svn server, and I simply forgotten about it. So i create new password file named svn-passwd to store my password and the svn worked fine.

No comments: