Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm gonna miss that joker.

Last friday, july 18. Was my last day at the office. After a salvo of sandwich and KFC whole bucket chicken. We hit the cinema's as a closing to my farewell night. Its the dark knight premier :D

I'm not a DC or Marvel fan boy. But i know that the last couple of years, DC movie adaption has been owned by Marvel. XMen, Spiderman, and the last was Ironman. While DC fan only got Batman, since that super sucky return of Superman.

Batman Begin was good, everyone acknowledge christian bale superb acting and dedication. But it lacked something, someone to be exact. Someone that can be compared to Christian bale. And tonight is the premiere appearance of that person, The Joker.

Coming to the batman franchise Heath ledger has been under pressure by critics and Batman fan. That he wouldn't lived up to Jack Nicholson Joker. Well i guess its very hard to be compared to someone as good as him. All of that expectation riding on your shoulder, i know i would never take it, not even 10 percent of it :) I wonder how he would done it.

With all of that hype, tonight, as i watch the movie. I know that he didn't succumb to the pressure. I watch how he brought his own Joker, a very different one. Schizophrenic psychopathic less mocking but more brutal Joker. I see that he put all of his acting to that character. Every detail, the voice, the licking tongue, the unfocused wild eyes, all of it as if I'm watching a real psychopath. And through out the movie i fell in love with that character. A worthy enemy, that can balance Christian bale acting finally here.

And with superb story line and script, all of the line didn't sound corny at all. Making the movie complete, even better than spiderman 2. To compare it with current box office number 1, Hancock loneliness, doesn't' even compare with the dark knight sacrifice.

As the movie draw to the end. I felt that I'm gonna miss that joker. 'Cause we can only watch his acting as the joker in this movie. As the night end, I'm saying goodbye to this joker that i just knew and adore. Just like i'm saying goodbye to this company that i enjoyed for the past year.

So, Goodbye.

No comments: