Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

one week later

By friday, i've get a little insight on my new company. Its very different environment compared to my previous work place. Here the people are very mobile and individual, while in my previous wp i'm often stationary and moving in groups with my friend that i met there.

I could understand, since in here, this workplace is not for developer rather for sales and presales. You couldn't tell who will sit next to your box tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. Since they always moving, only god and the taxi driver that knows :D

That and the shaky introduction make my adaptation to the new work place a bit hard. There's my peer that helped me, but integrating with the rest of the people wouldn't be an easy task like before. Previously my work place was fill with young people, by young i meant fresh grad or 3-5 years experience after graduating. While here the young people are rare, mostly are old people with 5-15 years in experience. Integrating with the last wp was easy, since we are young we have similar hobby, becoming friends just a matter of days :) and there's also lunch break where we eat together.
In here i don't have that kind of benefit.

Though hard, i realize that i need to make new friends. Since technical skill about this product (that I'm still lacking) is not enough to survive this environment. In other words friends and networking would play vital part in this company. No body to mentor you, to look after you or give you time to blend arround like before, that's the reality.

All of this problem and obstacle made me realize. I didn't make the wrong choice, this is what I'm lacking and in order for me to move forward there's no other way but breaking through the great wall that stood in front of me.

What happened tomorrow we'll never know, but today ... I need to learn this god damn product !!!


:D

No comments: