Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Weird poping noise in ubuntu

Okay ever since i've upgraded to Karmic Koala, i've got this weird poping noise from my laptop. At first i thought because there's somethings wrong with my laptop (I've reinstall to karmik because my disk has crashed). The hardisk has a bad sector, but for now the assumption for my laptop accident is not the hardisk, but the connector from the Mobo to the disk (that causing the weird poping noise). But mind though, that this only an assumption without actually opening up my laptop. If its gonna die, then its gonna die. Its got 6 more month to live anyway.

The annoying thing was, di poping noise is spreading to my audio, it comes and go. So i was thinking maybe its not because the hardware fault, maybe there are 2 problem that causing this weird poping sound when my audio is off.

So i googled and got this solution, you need to edit

/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

look for

options snd-hda-intel power_save=10 power_save_controller=N

and change it to

options snd-hda-intel power_save=0 power_save_controller=N

I'm hoping that it would fix both of my problem, kinda wishful thinking though, i settle for one anyway :D

the detail can be seen here :
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8223592#post8223592

No comments: